My photo
I am an artist who has lived in Los Angeles, New York City and, now, northern California. My initial interest in art was provoked by the Asian collection at the Seattle Art Museum when I was in high school, and it has continued to this day. I am not a collector, merely an admirer who has picked up the odd scroll, print or seal. Seals especially have engaged a deep involvement and I welcome this opportunity to share. For my own primarily sculptural works please visit my website lorenmadsen.com.

horse seal


A horse, head turned back, reclining on a carved stone. The stone itself is a translucent orange/pink, with black toward the horse's rear.
Inscription: 山水癮, shan shui yin, addicted to landscape
Impression: 山川癖, shan chuān pǐ, addicted to landscape

1 comment:

Yugan, who is a Talovich said...

山川癖, means the same, but not 癮