My photo
I am an artist who has lived in Los Angeles, New York City and, now, northern California. My initial interest in art was provoked by the Asian collection at the Seattle Art Museum when I was in high school, and it has continued to this day. I am not a collector, merely an admirer who has picked up the odd scroll, print or seal. Seals especially have engaged a deep involvement and I welcome this opportunity to share. For my own primarily sculptural works please visit my website lorenmadsen.com.

all thunder

I've done my own seal script based on traditional forms, translating terse Chinese proverbs. The form of the characters are intended to help convey the message. These were not intended for seals, but appeared in some etchings I did in 2002.
乾打雷不下雨
All thunder and no rain.

No comments: